job opening – copy-paste
Posted on September 24, 2017 | By Urban Systems
Part-II architectural designer
We are seeking talented, highly motivated architecture graduates to join our team. Due to the fast-track nature of the projects, we are looking for extremely motivated, responsible and energetic individuals who are able to work intensively within a collaborative and ambitious team.
Job description and person specification:
To assist in the development of architectural projects and/or office research during various stages, through producing research analysis, design studies, CAD drawings, 3D models and presentation drawings and diagrams for internal or external presentations.
Main duties and responsibilities:
– conduct research work regarding programming, site, cultural and economical context of the project, assisting with marketing research
– conduct research and analysis of architectural precedents relevant to the projects
– produce diagrams and drawings to convey research and conclusion to client presentations
– conduct design development work by developing 3D computer modelling sketches, hand and CAD drawings, physical models – independently or as part of a team
– assist in the design development and production of drawing packages for schematic design and detailed design phases by producing CAD drawings and other – – presentation materials for client submission, in coordination with the team-leader
– conduct research for design development including sourcing regulations, drawing or detail drawing examples, and developing options for possible design solutions
– assist with the preparations for client presentations
Required qualifications and experience:
– a minimum of five years of architectural education at a higher education institute (RIBA Part-II or equivalent)
– a minimum of one year of working experience in an architectural practice
– advanced to expert level Rhinoceros ability
– experience with Grasshopper for Rhinoceros
– some knowledge of Revit would be preferred though is not required
– excellent design sensibility
– excellent verbal and graphical communication skills
– ability to work independently and in a responsible and self-motivated manner
Personal motivation and ambitions:
In line with the fast developing nature of the office and the projects, highly motivated candidates are preferred for this post. We offer competitive compensation based on qualifications and experience, and an exciting, educational working environment that encourages personal growth.
Urban Systems Office LLP is a UK registered company led by licensed architects. We provide practical training recording (PEDR) for the purpose of Part-III mandatory work experience requirements.
RIBA part I (year-out) placements
We are seeking a talented architecture students to work on projects intended for construction in China. Due to the fast-track nature of the projects, we are looking for highly motivated and energetic individuals who are able to work intensively within a collaborative and ambitious team.
– Minimum of three years of Architectural education (RIBA part 1 or similar)
– Excellent design sensibility and technical skills, particularly in Rhino, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign
– Excellent verbal and graphical communication skills (Mandarin speaking and writing would be an asset)
– Eligibility to work in the UK
We offer reasonable compensation based on qualifications and experience, and a highly educational working environment that encourages personal growth. The planned short term implementation of the projects offers team members the opportunity to experience and contribute to several phases of design development.
Urban Systems Office LLP is a registered company led by licensed architects. We provide practical training recording (PEDR) for the purpose of part III mandatory work experience requirements.